Database integration using blockchain
Blockchain enables distributed and decentralized data and information sharing and tamperproof event and transaction recording across low-trust boundaries – technology that may turn out to be as revolutionary as internet has proved to be. Still, it has been expensive and risky to start a blockchain pilot and to use current legacy databases in those pilots.
The goal of this database integration using blockchain session is
- to provide analysis how blockchains can be applied in your business and
- how to create a test environment to demonstrate and test blockchain in practice.
Trainer is highly experienced professional in blockchain and business.
Dr. Keir Finlow-Bates has been involved more than 5 years in blockchain business, innovating several patents in this field and developing a data integration product based on blockchains. He has been working for companies like Qualcomm, Xerox and Citrix Systems before starting a blockchain company Chainfrog Oy.
This training is targeted at business and IT professionals responsible for enterprise data governance including metadata management, data integration, data quality, master data management and enterprise content management.
Knowing basic data management principles as well as at least a high level of understanding of the concepts of data migration, data replication, metadata, data warehousing, data modelling, data cleansing etc. helps to understand the context in general.
Basic knowledge about blockchain is a benefit. You may have already completed the introductory training.
This training helps the participants to answer questions like
- what is the value and importance of blockchain technology in the future and
- how should you prepare to use blockchain technology.
Training provides insight to blockchain technology and aim to widen the participant’s understanding in the advanced Blockchain technology. After training you can test it yourself.
The training provides you both theoretical framework and hands-on case experience and facilitates discussion to uncover possible applications and opportunities to use blockchains in your industry and for your company.
- Deep technical dive to blockchain technology
- Do-it-yourself blockchain testing
- Discover your opportunities using blockchains in your use case
Advanced training by Dr. Keir Finlow-Bates covers
- components that constitute a blockchain: hash-linked lists, consensus protocols, peer-to-peer networks and asymmetric key cryptography.
- how do cryptocurrencies work and how can blockchains provide ‘unique unforgeable digital assets’.
- Nakamoto consensus – how does ‘proof of work’, and how do public blockchains solve the Byzantine Generals problem.
- identity on a blockchain: pseudo-anonymity, addresses, wallets and transactions.
- use cases in different industries and business verticals.
- how blockchains can be used inside and outside the organization.
- Blockchain checklist – should you use blockchains or not?
Data integration session covers
- how blockchains work in data management.
- introduction to Blockbinder – a blockchain solution connecting your existing database systems instantly.
General Q&A and follow-up gives participants the opportunity to discuss about to install Blockbinder to your system and test how it works.